Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First round of summer :3

Man its been a month! Lotta whacky and exciting events have happened for sure. Birthdays, getting sick off of carnival rides, discovering the pleasure of fried twinkies, visiting VA beach for the first time and what not. There's a lot of pictures to sort through so I would have to take some time off and post those up tomorrow or some time later this week. I went from a unemployed bum to full time worker again in matter of a day D:, its about time anyways.

I tried so hard to obtain an office job but with my resume and lack of office work experience its almost impossible =[ so I had no choice but to return to the Cook's Life. Not that its bad or anything, just gets quite tiring. I had to sit and watch Top Chef and read books for a good week or two to motivate myself to get back into it, and it worked. I now work under Susur Lee, finalist of Top Chef Master Season 2 if you didn't know ;D. Bangin food, relax work atmosphere and best of all, free parking as long as I ride my bike! that saves me like 12-15 a day for parking! This kitchen gives me memories of Union Square when I worked there. Everyones chill, do what they want but in the end we still put out awesome food without being pretentious and cocky about things which I hated in those French kitchens. This restaurant is still fairly young and new and I hope to contribute my part and bring the ratings up to be on par with those in the District. Hopefully I'll get to meet Chef Lee soon too cause he seems quite fun to talk to.


The sushi platterrrr


Singapore slaw!


This is all I got temporarily for pics. I'll get more of the kitchen today.

On a sad note, I had to sell my 1988 FZ750 =[. It was just as sad seeing the buyer ride it away as it was seeing my former RX7 getting towed away to its new owner. I guess after a while you grow attach to the machine, especially the first car or motorcycle. I hope the owners are taking good care of my babiesssss. D:

On a happy note, I'm in love with a douchebag =D

No comments:

Post a Comment