Saturday, July 17, 2010

A word I dislike

Talent. I just don't like it when that word is used on anyone, even myself. It limits people and close their mind. Sometime it limits those around them just because others feel like they're not special or something. I believe in those that work hard and I believe in dedication. I don't find myself talented in anything, not even cooking cause I think anyone can cook ala Rattatouille and I'm always happy to show anyone how to cook anything. I think everyone is capable of doing big things as long as they continue to believe they can. Once they stop believing that's when it goes downhill. It doesn't even have to be something on point and precise, just as simple as being a good person and finding happiness somewhere. Everyone always think I'm gonna be opening my own place or something a long that line but honestly I have never thought of it that hard. I just want to continue learning and finding anything that makes me smile and hold on to it. When things go sour and gets gloomy, I just keep my head high and keep pursuing whatever it is at the end of the tunnel. I believe everyone's life is unique and awesome in its' own way, just takes time for the person to appreciate it sometime. As of now I think I've reached the point that I appreciate the lesson from the bads and goods in my life and those to come so I don't let it bring me down.

/rant

Today during service I was talking someone thousands of miles away while cooking and my Sous chef asked if that was my gf. I told him "no". Then he said that it must be someone important if you're cooking with one hand and talking on the other. I replied "Yes, It's someone I love and care for a lot". He replied with "Damnn Son! That's ballsy of you to say that, why is she not your gf then". I just said, "It's what inside and between us that matters, not the title", "Yes she gives me headache occasionally and not always the nicest person to me but I love her still". He said "Good man, if you can overlook those things then thats true love"

I <3 you so much you douche, I hope you know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment